What Can You Expect from the 2018 Mazda CX-9 Interior?
CX-9 Cargo Dimensions, Passenger Space, and Features
- Cargo Volume
- Find up to 14.1 cubic feet behind the 3rd row, 38.2 behind the 2nd row, or 71.2 behind the 1st row
- Passenger Space
- Take the whole family from Edwardsville to Ladue with room for seven across three rows of seating
- 7-Inch Full-Color Touchscreen Display
- Control everything from interior soundtrack to BluetoothⓇ hands-free phone and audio streaming capability on the generous 7-inch screen
- Change your interior layout in a flash with the 50/50 split third row and 60/40 split second row
CX-9 Seating and Interior Features Balance Luxury and PracticalityDrivers understand the depth of passion Mazda puts into every last detail, so they’ll be unsurprised to discover the peerless quality of the 2018 Mazda CX-9 interior. Crafted to live up to their philosophy of ‘Driving Matters’, it’s a cabin that calls on luxury materials:
- Genuine Rosewood: The CX-9’s Rosewood is accented by a matte finish that emphasizes the depth of the wood’s grain. Traditionally reserved for fine musical instruments, it’s a most highly valued material
- Aluminum: Sweeping aluminum brings traditional Japanese craftsmanship to life. It provides a modern sense of flair and is brushed to satin-like smoothness to stay pleasing to the touch
- Nappa Leather: The finest upholstery ever used in a Mazda is rich, supple, and available in a variety of colors. Mazda chose it for its similarity to horse saddles, a nice nod to their Jinba Ittai “horse and rider as one” inspiration
The cockpit is noticeably driver-focused, with shifter and console slightly higher than in previous generations for a heightened sense of connection and control. The Commander control sits within easy reach, so no stretching is required to operate the MAZDA CONNECT™ infotainment system. Space is also excellent. Find more third-row legroom than the Acura MDX or Toyota Highlander and keep everything organized using hidden storage in the console, glove box, seatback pockets, and door-panel bins.